Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

arms for sanity

The war in Iraq is ongoing even though the government says we won. I hear of servicemen still dying at the hands of those who have supposedly surrendered. The streets are filled with A.K. 47's that are banned in the land of the free. What kind of thinking is this? If we, as a free law-abiding people cannot be trusted to be responsible for automatic weapons, why should they? I believe most of the people in the U.S. should be trained with a variety of arms before they are 21 years old. This would serve a twofold purpose. It would train the young in the proper handling of firearms and acquaint those with a gift for such things. Once in our military it would identify those who aren’t capable of them. Is our government wary of our good judgment? I think the fight against domestic terrorism, by legislating stricter gun control for the law-abiding, is lost. I see the only option is to educate and train the lawful and uphold the existing laws. To do this we must change our focus from, law and government against everyone, to everyone against the felons. The more ignorant a person is about any subject, the more unprepared they are to deal with these new emergencies.
I would rather have my lawful neighbors equipped to protect me in a time of trouble than worry about how many felons are disregarding the current laws on gun control. If I am not trustworthy or competent, please don’t let me have any part in the responsibility that comes with owning a weapon. To tell the truth, I would never touch one again if we could get rid of them all at once, but that’s not going to happen.
So let’s be realistic and work on the good- thinking of the citizenry, we can trust most of them.

No comments:

Jack

Jack
Ellie's buckle