Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

In support of Pete Rose for the Hall of Fame

As only a minor fan of baseball, I am in the perfect place to comment on Pete Rose. I know Pete has some records on the books and has played some of the great baseball we have come to love. Because of that alone he should not be kept out of  the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown. I may or may not agree with all the things he did off the field, but that level of play, on the field, cannot be trod upon by those of us who can not and never could do such things. On the other hand, those things that Pete has been guilty of, off the field, are the things that life lessons are made of. These things most of us are tempted with and can comment on. Best told father to son, not on the walls of baseball fame. I believe banning Pete from baseball should not keep him from the hall of fame. It should be punishment enough for him to never know the joy of an oldtimers game and knowing he can never meet a son without knowing all his story will be told later by the father.  No amount of regret, remorse, or forgiveness will change these facts. 

No comments:

Jack

Jack
Ellie's buckle