Honor cannot be measured by volume or intensity, nor in nationality or any measure of man, it is truly a wonder of God. I have lived a fairly understated life and it has been blessed with a few friendships along the way. For a man to have a good quality of friends is an unusual thing in our present time, maybe in all time. I’ve almost never forced myself on anyone and haven’t thought much of those that do. That makes my friends all the more remarkable and improbable. They are usually not popular by world standards. They have an insight into many of the doings of the world that sets them apart, usually not by choice, although it does serve them and their families well by keeping much of the negative world at bay. I was once told that I was a fairly strange human and my friends were also. I asked the speaker to consider the source of the statement and he nodded in acquiescence. These aren’t the people who spend their whole lives trying to be different, not those who try to be characters. These are people who are usually not forcing themselves to the front of the crowd or elbowing people out of the way. Instead they spend their lives going quietly about their business and are available to help at the most unlikely moments. I think highly of this sort of person because of their ability to silently and without thanks, honor those people who cannot see or care about such things. I have been most honored in my life by anyone simply doing for me what I could not do by myself. That is why those in the military regard honor so highly. They make their sacrifices for each other, and those others are us. We just need to realize it, that’s the start of honor. From there we must choose Honor.
No comments:
Post a Comment