Not that we define our God, just that we define our view. God has to be so much more than we can imagine, that all our imaginations fall short. But those who fall the shortest are those who limit God to a petty, cruel, and vicious being. If your actions toward others reflect this kind of attitude toward life as a whole, you can surely know that your god is not the One God. It is fitting that as I write this, I sit watching” hitler, the rise of evil”. I see many of his ilk in the world just in my short lifetime of 55 years.
Few of those in the world seek after the maker of this world, even though He is the One to whom we owe all. Because we die we cannot think of him as cruel, because we are the authors of death. His is the hand that preserves life at every turn. If you don’t consider this, your memory is worse than mine, and I have survived some real stinkers of my own making. If I or you don’t recognize His sovereignty, you put Him away from you. He cannot draw close to those whom He has given the free will to reject Him. Still He persists. We really don’t have clue. Nothing of any lasting value in life is done without His guidance. I fear His gentle hand, but I fear far more His inability to let His hand come close to me. Let’s not nurture a puny god, but the One who has to be the best of everything for everyone. We must get outside ourselves to truly see Him even fleetingly.
I see He does things without fuss, oh that I could.
He does things when asked with a pure child’s heart.
So many miracles explained away as just so many coincidences. It is his nature to let man discover Him through searching and diligence. If any don’t wish to make this wonderful journey, the choice is theirs to make.
No comments:
Post a Comment