When asked these questions, their reply was,” choose me”. That is really living for others, giving your lives for others. The thousands of days of service they give for us all is in sharp contrast these days to the thoughtless second of a suicide bomber who calls himself a martyr. I don’t believe these two acts can be spoken of in the same world. Therefore one of them must be in “Bizarro World”. I am indeed thankful for my view of the real martyrs of my world, as I see so many of my countrymen and women give their daily living and lives. Those who truly know the difference between murder and the taking of life in defense of others. If you question your neighbors view of this subject, you should first question your own. I have and I think mine is the way we were made to be, not self focused and inward, but always wanting the best for others. No matter their color, nationality, or belief. Oh, old women, you have taught me well and right. And I married one who is just like you.
Thursday, October 07, 2010
Old women of Tonasket
I want to thank you for the lessons you gave me that helped make me the man I have become. In the 1950's, you showed me a resolve to always do the best for others even at a personal sacrifice to yourselves. You almost never wavered from your conviction that has helped me form my basis for living and was instrumental in choosing my mate for life. That one thing is putting others before yourself. I see it in the military, in the sacrifice of others, and I saw it in your concern for all children, all the time. You are the women who told your husbands at childbirth,” If it comes to a choice between the child and me, choose the child.” There was no thought of how many children would be motherless, no thought of a wifeless husband. These are the real heros of mine and should be the examples of giving your life for others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jack
Ellie's buckle
No comments:
Post a Comment