Just a few words on guns. I have one but don't carry it around. I take it sometimes when going into the woods but never shoot it for the sake of shooting. And I taught my children as much. This is pretty much my definition of sane gun ownership.
That being said, I believe most of the population would look out for our safety and can be trusted with arms, concealed or otherwise. It just ups the odds that someone sane is in the crowd with armed felons. If we authorize the police and armed forces and in the same breath say we are not willing to accept the same risk for others, we are unworthy of their sacrifices. This is all proven out by watching all the bystanders accept the risk during the recent plane wreck downtown. All the best to them; I would hope we would all do the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment